-->
Corn Bread

Corn Bread


I've been looking for a good corn bread recipe for a long time now. I found this last year and we've been making it ever since. However, I didn't realize it wasn't on the blog until somebody asked me for the recipe. This is where I found the recipe. I love this recipe blog and have made several recipes from her site.

½ cup cornmeal
1 ½ cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 ¼ cup milk

Add dry ingredients, make a well and add oil, butter, eggs, and milk into the center. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny – don’t be alarmed!). Bake in an 8” square pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. (This doubles perfectly for a 9X13-inch pan.) I prefer to make an 8" pan for just my family, but if I am taking it somewhere, I either make 2 - 8" pans or I put it in a 9x13. Personally, I think 2 - 8" pans cook better.

Honey Butter:
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff

Whip all together with an electric mixer and serve at room temperature (can be refrigerated and softened). This honey butter is so good! Mmmm......
Baca Juga
SHARE
Subscribe to get free updates

Related Posts

Post a Comment